Benzoin comes from the tree Styrax benzoides - which includes 100+ different species, originating in Asia, Europe, and America.
Aroma: biting top note with undertones of warm, sweet, balsamic, vanilla-like aroma with a touch of cinnamon.
This resin has been ground by hand in a mortar & pestle. The pieces range from small granulated pieces to powder. A little bit goes a long way. Burn on a charcoal disc, electric resin burner, tea candle burner, or a diy burner.
How to burn using charcoal discs:
• Prepare a heat proof bowl by adding sand/ash/salt (this disperses the heat)
• Hold disc with tongs. Light disc until it starts to spark. Set into bowl on top of sand/ash/salt.
• Wait a few minutes for disc to heat.
• Sprinkle a pinch of loose incense onto burning disc.
• Enjoy the pleasant aroma and healing benefits!
• When burned up, use tongs to clear off disc.
• Sprinkle another pinch of incense. Repeat as many times as you want.
• When done – either cover the bowl or let it burn to ash. Discard when cooled.
top of page
bottom of page