top of page

The icon of Panagia Hodegetria adorned the right column of the Katholikon of the Monastery of Vatopedi until 1730. when one day, miraculously, it came on its own and was found in the Monastery's Katholikon while the doors were securely locked. The Vatopedi Fathers searched for it and, attributing its relocation to human action, brought it back and secured it in their Katholikon. However, the miracle of Panagia was repeated, and everyone was assured that it was the will of Panagia to remain in the Holy Monastery of Xenophontos, for the sake of Her children who were practicing asceticism there.

 

Size 12.5 x 8.7 inches approx. in frame with glass from Mt. Athos

Panagia Odegetria, Covered in 925° Pure Silver from Mt. Athos

$105.00Price
    bottom of page